Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Duncandog Is A Decade

Duncan is ten years old today. The funny thing is…I thought Duncan’s tenth birthday was last June 24th. I had even made a big dog deal celebration for the four-legged rump roast. I am not sure how come I jumped a whole year. It was his Vet that set met straight, “ole Duncandog is turning 10 this year.” And I said, “Oh no..that was last year.” And he said, “Oh no…that is this year.” Seeing he had all the doggie documents…I didn’t bother to argue...any further.

I had even gone to the dog bakery. A beautiful bakery with a glass-case filled with lots of dog delicacies that looked good enough for any human to eat. Dog food disguised as cupcakes, canolis, and cookies. I picked out the cutest little doggie cake. Nothing but the best for my Duncandog on his birthday. So I put a candle in his cake and gathered the family around to sing “Happy Birthday, dear Duncandog.”

So I got to thinking, how unfair of me to make Duncan a whole year older than he really is. I’ m sure Duncandog was wishing he could correct me when he would hear me say my ole dog was a decade. Stop oldKat, I am only NINE.

And the worst thing is...those are dog years. Messing up by one year is a big damn dog deal because it is really 7 years. So last year Duncan was only 63 and not 70, after all.

I have to make it up to Duncan this year….give him a proper 10th birthday…do it up for the little guy. Maybe I’ll get another doggie birthday cake…or maybe I'll make it two doggie cakes…make it extra special with ten candles.

AfterKatdogword

Duncandog: that Kat better get me something good for my birthday…after gettting my age wrong last year. What an air head! Nothing like making me 70 when I am still a spry 63. And if she gives me that crappy dog cake with a candle in it…like she did last year…I am gonna get sick on her rug. Why do humans think we like that stuff? It might look tasty to her, but has she ever tried it? And if the Fam sings that goofy song again…off-key…I am running for the hills.

Kat: Oh, Happy Birthday my Duncandog! Today is your tenth birthday and I got your favorite….doggie birthday cake...just like last year. Come here my little side of beef, we are going to sing "Happy Birthday to you." Oh, Duncandog…Come back here…where ya going?

No comments: