Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Food-Teller

You can tell a lot about a person by the way he eats. I don’t mean manners…like whether you put your elbows on the table or chew with your mouth open. That is a no-brainer…that person is a slob. I am talking about the order food is eaten…and the way you arrange food on your plate, like at a buffet. I am not a psychologist or claim to be one on TV, but I can tell a lot about people by the way they eat. I guess it is just a natural gift that I was born with. Some people are lucky like that.

When PaulA eats his food he takes a bite from everything on his plate so that he is left with equal amounts. Take for example…a meal with eggs, toast, bacon and juice. He eats them so that at the end of his meal, he is left with a little bit of egg and bacon and a small bite of toast with one swig of juice. (By the way, this drives his buddy, BillyA, crazy.) This eating strategy reveals that he is a planner and an organizer…which is totally his personality.

Then there is the type of person who eats all of his food randomly…haphazardly…willy nilly. These types of people are disorganized…they run from one job to the next before completing anything.

What about the person who finishes all of one food on his plate before eating the next? Easy, that person likes to finish something completely before starting something new.

Then there is the person who does not like their food to touch each other. These folks definitely have issues that are over my head, but I do know that they particularly dislike close-talkers.

Lastly, there are those like me…I put each type of food on the side of the plate. Even if I have one food item…I do not put it in the middle…always the side. This says that I like order and everything in its place. That must explain why my house is neat 24/7. :)

I have a friend…JayneL…who could be considered a Food-Teller…she may also have the gift. When she met me for the very first time, she said that I looked like the type of person who picks the kidney beans out of my chili. OMG, she was exactly right on the chili bowl. But what does picking the beans out of my chili say about me? She never disclosed this…she might have been afraid to say. Maybe it says that I am the type of person who is very picky, fussy, persnickety…

Or it could say that I am the type of person…who hates kidney beans PERIOD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE TO NOTICE THAT ABOUT PAULA!!! I ALWAYS WONDERED IF DID IT ON PURPOSE, SOMETIME I THINK HE IS GOING TO BITE HIS FINGERS WITH HIS LAST BITE.