Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Who's Bothering Who?

I thought we were on a no-call list, but they found us. You know…the irritating calls from someone trying to sell you or poll you. Whenever they call and ask for my hubby… I like to mess with their heads, so I answer, “Yes, this is Mr. PaulA speaking.” They question me, “This is Mr. PaulA?” and I say, “Yes, can I help you?” After a second of silence, they reply, “I’ll call back.” Mission Accomplished…I got rid of them!

I recently received another call…same drill. I answered, “Yes, this is Mr. PaulA speaking.” Then I heard laughter from the caller who said, “Well, this doesn’t sound like Mr. PaulA”. “Oh, really.”

I guess it probably isn’t nice or polite to confuse them…but, after all who’s bothering who here? They aren’t exactly nice and polite, calling at the most inopportune moments…interrupting my busy life. Don’t they know I’ve got blogging to do.

And another thing, who’s to say a man can’t sound like a woman? Maybe I am a man working on a major change to the other side. Would I really have to explain the details of my switcheroo to some random caller, who is imposing in the first place?

I suppose I could look at my caller id and just not answer the phone…but what fun is that? I’m hoping they actually put a little asterisk in their book next to Mr. PaulA’s name that says… “Do not call – one strange guy/gal lives there.” Now that is one way to get back on the “Do Not Call List.”

No comments: