Thursday, May 15, 2008

Maybe...I'm Not Sure

Are you good at making a decision on-the-spot…and not think twice about it again. Not have to mull it over in your head…hash it over with your friend, your hubby, your dog….and then later say, “Wait…I change my mind.”

I suppose it matters what kinds of decisions you are making…like if you are deciding whether to get married or to rob a bank. They both have big consequences. Hopefully you are putting some thought into the decision and really thinking it through.

A lot of times when I am asked, “Where do you want to go for dinner?” I say, “I don’t care…anywhere is fine.” Honestly, I do not care where I eat…just that I eat OUT, that I don’t have to cook it, and that I get a glass of wine with my happy meal. I don’t think my dinner indecision is a problem…that I need to check myself into Decision-Making Anonymous, “Hello, I am Kat and I can’t make a decision.”

I remember going to a department store with a friend who wanted to get frames for a family collage she was making. She took one look around and bought 9 frames…different styles, different sizes. Bing, Bang, out of there. I was so impressed...she did it in 10 minutes. That’s about a minute a frame. (If you do the math.)

One thing for sure…after I make a decision I do not like to second guess my decision. No fun in that. What’s the point…especially after it is a done deal. Besides if I decided to look back, marrying PaulA…and not robbing that bank that warm summer day in August…were both great decisions.

Should I post this blog? Oh, I don’t know…maybe…maybe not. What the heck….I’ll throw caution to the wind and post it. Wait, is it too late to change my mind?

No comments: