Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ahhhh...Coffee

The world is a good place...because there is coffee. What would life be without it? Probably cranky, nasty people shuffling around with their heads lowered, mumbling something inaudible. Ooohhh….I think I just described myself. (or Tim Conway) Without my morning coffee…I would be mean and ugly. Okay, maybe not mean, but definitely ugly. One thing is for certain… I could never string words together to form sentences.

Every morning I make my ritual pilgrimage to Dunkin Donuts. I don’t have to drive far for my java jolt…the drive is part of the process. I do get dressed…I don’t wear my nightgown. Just my luck, the one time I decided to wear my night gown, I would get pulled over by a cop and he wouldn’t let me off the hook because of my nighty. He would probably fine me extra for unattractive night wear. Lucky for me there is a drive-thru…and lucky for the rest of the world.

One of my most valuable possessions is my Dunkin Donuts card. My card never runs out of funds because I am so amazingly clever and have it tied to my credit card. When my D.D. balance hits 10 dollars…then 50 dollars is moved over. My D.D. card is like a perpetual cup of Joe. It is constantly being re-poured with piping hot java…kinda like Alice, the coffee shop counter-lady, standing over my cup with a fresh pot. Love that Alice.

I used to fumble through my wallet and car cup holders every morning looking for money…remembering I gave Bri my last dollar bill. Sometimes it would get embarrassing handing over a fistful of change. But now…I don’t even need a penny…just my card…my ticket to java heaven.

After drinking my “medium black coffee, please”…I feel every ounce of the caffeine enter my body…Aaaahhhhh. Slowly I come alive and almost human…the awakening of Frankenstein. My head becomes clearer and my eyes open wider. I feel like a shop owner who has just lifted the door…and flipped over the sign: Open for business. The real Kat is now ready to face the day.

I’ve just finished my coffee as I write this blog…caffeine is running through my body, unleashing all my energy and creative talents. I probably should drink a second cup…my blog could be a lot better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blogs are awesome...thank God for the coffee...I am with you on the fact that I could not function without my two cups of morning coffee....D.D. is good java, yep!
LMDL