Thursday, April 10, 2008

Super Powers

Sometimes it is fun to think about super powers. (Admittedly, I am a little odd.) There is a television show called Heroes where the characters have different powers. So I got to thinking, hmmm…what power would I choose if I could choose only one?

This is a harder decision than I originally thought. Let’s see….Oh, to fly! Naw…I am uncomfortable flying in a plane…so I wouldn’t enjoy flying by the seat of my pants.

X-ray vision? Forget that! Do I really want to be sitting in church and looking around at people? I don’t want to know what people look like underneath their clothing…especially the priest.

Mind Reader? Nope, definitely not that! Read the bubble over people’s heads and know exactly what they are thinking? PaulA’s bubble: Kat is looking particularly scary this morning.

Tell the future? Nope! I don’t want to know that some geezer is going to back his car into mine at Dunkin Donuts next week.

Super strength? Forget that! Then I would be busy all day moving furniture and pianos around for people.

Invisible? Not sure about that one. Good when someone is asking, “Where’s mom?” But bad when you hear all the nasty stuff people are saying about you (‘cause they think you are in the bathroom and not sitting at the table, right beside them.)

Got it! There is one power that I would love… Super Metabolism. Whatever you eat is instantly metabolized so it can’t turn to fat. I could saunter up to the take-out counter, and order anything, “Yes, I’ll have the cheese burger with bacon and extra cheese, cheesy fries with extra cheese, and an extra large chocolate shake, and side order of cheese.” That’s my afternoon snack before dinner.

I wouldn’t ever have to think calories, cuz I would be …da..da…da…daaaa… SUPER METABOLISM girl!!! Yes !!! Super Metabolism girl…Able to burn thousands of calories at a single meal. Now that is what I am talking about!

What would you choose?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't believe that "Super Metabolism" is considered to be one of the super powers. That would be plain ridiculous!