Monday, April 28, 2008

A-scaredyKat

I was born a-scaredyKat and you could say, I still am. I am the type of person who looks under the bed in a hotel room and pulls back the shower curtain. God forbid…someone jumped out. To this day…and I mean today…after looking for something in the storage side of our basement, I turned the lights off and ran up the stairs as fast as I could…as if I was being chased by the boogie man. How old am I? My treadmill is in the basement…reason right there not to work out. What if a wild madman is lurking down there, waiting to pounce on anyone wanting to get physical fit?

Back in the day before we had kids, PaulA and I lived in Jacksonville….It was our first night in our new house after living in a hotel for 3 months. PaulA had to be away on a business trip…so scaredyKat had to spend her first night alone. We had the phone installed and it rang…at 2 o’clock in the morning. I jumped to answer it and there was silence… then a hang-up!!!! I spent the rest of the night on the tile floor by the front door…in case I needed a quick exit. That was before I had Colinboy.

I think my kids at a young age caught on to my scaredyKat tendencies. One night when PaulA was traveling…I heard a thud that woke me up. I jumped out of bed and looked around. Nothing. Then I went down the hall to Colin’s room. He was getting back in bed. I asked, “Colin, did you hear that noise?” He replied, “Mom it was me.” (Then I saw that he was getting back in his bed…with his baseball bat.) So I asked, “Colin is that a bat?” He said, “Mom, it was just me. Okay, it was just me.” I didn’t say another word.

When PaulA is gone…this scaredyKat still sleeps with one eye open. I don’t have Colinboy at home anymore with his bat to protect me.

No comments: