Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Queen of Mess

OMG I just walked into Wishy’s bedroom! Wish is a wonderful daughter and sweet as can be, but is a messy girl. I’m not talking about her appearance. She always looks good and that totally amazes me when I look at her room. How does she manage to get dressed in the morning? She might have a system that I just don’t understand. Maybe the clothes on the floor tell her that she has worn those and to choose something else, and the clothes on the bed and chair are future possibilities. And the clothes over the door…and the clothes falling out of her bureau...and the clothes hanging from the lamp…well, I haven’t figured out her whole system yet.

What is it about teenagers that they can’t put anything away, or hang anything up? Wishy used to make her bed when she was in elementary school. I used to think BigC was Queen of Mess…but Wishy took her crown away a long time ago. Once I took pictures of all her crapola strewn around her room and made a poster. I posted it on the refrigerator door: “Wanted: Someone to clean this room. Reward: to any one who will clean-up this mess.” It worked…her friends offered to clean her room.

I have to tell myself not to go into her messy kingdom…keep walking Kat. In spite of all the begging, reprimanding, and public humiliation….Wishy is happy to continue to reign as Queen of Mess. I need to invite a few of her royal subjects over here…where is that reward poster?

No comments: