Monday, April 14, 2008

Pregnant Man

Huge news…Oprah aired the first pregnant man on her show the other day. (pun intended) Women everywhere were running to their TV sets…calling each other on the phone…setting their DVRs to capture it all. Finally a pregnant man! It’s about time a man knows how it feels. The man has it easy for 9 months and only has to play “coach” for the delivery. I wish I could have traded places with PaulA during my deliveries. I am having a flash back...

…Flashing back to when PaulA was “my coach” for Brianna’s delivery. It was 5 AM and I was in the middle of labor. PaulA was holding my hand and then he did it….he freakin’ yawned! A big fat yawn in my face. That really set me off… “Hello, am I boring you here!!” Back to Oprah……..

Pregnant man…my uterus! By the way, that is exactly what that man has. He was born a girl…a beautiful girl who even won a beauty pageant. I can understand that “she” has always felt like a “he.” (I am okay with the transgender thing…after all, this is 2008 and I’m “on bored” with that already…that was so last year.) I can understand that he feels like he should have been born a “he” and not a “she.”…but just because you cut your hair, take some testosterone, grow a beard and cut-off your breasts…(whoa now!) does not a biological man you make.

Sorry dude...you may be feeling nauseous, have swollen ankles, and cheese whiz sandwich cravings…but the fact that you own a uterus, fallopian tubes and eggs prevents you from being the first pregnant man.

By the way, Congratulations …giving birth to a human is a miracle…no matter who you are.

No comments: