Friday, March 7, 2008

Will Work For Olga

Olga is coming….I better clear the deck. Olga is my cleaning lady and she cleans every other Friday afternoon. I hate to admit it, but I’m a-scared of her. Olga just has a way of looking at me that is very intimidating…so I know she’s the boss. Even when she is a “no-show”, I meekly call her (walking on broken glass or is that eggshells) and say, “Umm…Olga, do you think you can fit me in another day?” When anything is broken, the pieces are left in a little pile with no explanation. (I guess if you think about it, what is there to explain?….Can’t I see, it’s broken?.....pass the glue.)

I think Olga missed her calling…she could easily be the CEO of a major corporation. I’m not sure how many women she has working for her, but there are usually at least 3 women that show up at my house. Olga will drive up, drop them off and then go to another house. Actually I’m not sure where she goes…maybe she’s at Starbucks with her feet up, drinking a latte. But I would never ask….not me. The next time they show up, there are new faces. I started wondering the other day….what happens to all these women? Hmmm….does Olga send them to the rock pile?

I definitely consider it a major luxury to have a cleaning lady….so I’m not complaining or anything. It’s Olga day and that means ….I need to rev my engines. This is when I run around the house like a crazed woman on 5 Red Bulls, 3 espressos and a couple of chocolate bars…getting the house ready for Boss lady. I wouldn’t want to disappoint.

I pull the cleaning supplies out, pull the vacuum out, empty all the trash cans, make the beds, put Wishy’s clothes and shoes away or throw them on her bed, (I cut a little break with the other 2 in college), tidy the bathrooms, pick up towels, hang up or throw Paul’s clothes in a pile (depending on my mood), fold the laundry, put the laundry away, get rid of papers, newspapers (pant…pant…did I leave anything out?). PaulA doesn’t understand why I am cleaning before she gets here…Hey, he never met Olga.

Sometimes for a wild and crazy good time, I do everything in reverse order!….The upside of this caffeine-induced energy spree is that it is a good aerobic workout. Gotta go…what am I doing sitting here on my butt at the computer? I better get my rear in gear; I have work to do for Olga!!!

No comments: