Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Las Vegas Baby

Coming to you from the Vegas strip. I'm talking the Bellagio Hotel...Las Vegas Baby! PaulA has a conference and I am his assistant...Yeah, that's the ticket.

The flight here was a smooth one. It is cool how Las Vegas Baby appears in a major kilowatt blaze from the complete and total darkness of the desert. (For some reason ever since I got here, I can't stop saying Baby.) I'm still wondering why the flight attendant bothered with the life vest demonstration. What are the chances of going down at the Hoover Dam?

What a great idea to build an adult playground in the desert sand...build a city of gambling and decadence and they will come. A place where the motto of "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" is the guiding principle. Almost like when the priest absolves you of all sins during confession.

I am goofing off for a whole week Baby...7 days of Kat Kat, Kat...true self-indulgence. My tough schedule involves breakfast, the fitness center, lunch, the pool, dinner, some golf, the pool. Oh did I mention the pool aready and how amazing the weather is?

Actually is isn't easy sitting in a lounger all afternoon. At some point you have to flip over on your stomach, otherwise you end up looking like a sunnyside egg. I'm not sure how people around me look so comfortable lying on their stomachs. For me it has been torture trying to contort my back in a V-shape. Note to self: sign-up for yoga.

People are not complaining in Vegas Baby...so zip it Kat. Everyone is walking around with smiling faces. It might be because they've won at craps, they're vodka-induced happy, or they are in a state of shock after getting crapped on at the craps table.

I am not really a gambler or a bettingKat at heart. Although once when I was 10, I bet my bro that he wasn't going to be an astronaut. He can play rocket man on the piano...so I'll call it even - Steven.

I think if I do gamble, I'm going with the numbers 7 and 11. I woke up to 7:11 this morning...I'm thinking this means something is in the cards for me Baby. If my blog goes a few days without new entries...please know I'll return...hopefully, with my pockets lined with a few Grants.

I'll tell Elvis you said Hello!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Healy!
I am also in Vegas Baby right now ( well just the airport-waiting to go to arizona!) Hope you had a fun trip. See you soon!
-Frankie