Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Piece of Britney

I actually feel sorry for Britney Spears. Before she ended up on a couch in a pysch ward, I thought she was getting what she deserved with all the bad press. But my feelings have changed. As a mother, I feel badly for her…Now I see her more as a hurt, lost soul.

Months ago, I saw a video online of Britney getting into her car. She was out for a regular day, not all glammed up, just wearing sweat pants…okay, more like Juicy sweats…but not glammed. There were at least 50 photographers surrounding her …some of them were a foot from her face. I felt sick watching how they invaded her privacy with their high-powered cameras and taunting comments. Britney has been in the limelight her entire life. Do we really expect her to be normal with this circus going on around her 24/7? After all, the elephants in the circus aren’t normal.

While Britney sits in a psych ward, her new song “Piece of Me” is No. 10 on the charts. I actually like it… basically describing what it’s like when everyone wants a piece of you.

If Britney Spears walked by me right now, I swear I would not hound her. The closest I ever came to stalking a celebrity was at Whiskey Park in New York City when we saw Nicolas Cage. He was sitting on a couch, surrounded by his goons (aka entourage). After his limo pulled up outside, Nick and his possey got up and left the bar. So what do I do? I immediately run over to the couch where he had been sitting and park my butt in his warm spot. No harm in warming my buns in his warm spot, is there?

My hope for Britney is that she lifts herself up by her high-heeled boot straps and the world gives her some space. It might be okay that you jump to sit in her warm spot ...but please leave her alone…so she stays off the couch.

No comments: