Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Duncandog Goes To College

Yo dogs, this is Duncan. College is the greatest! I am such a lucky dog that my bro, Colin asked the ‘rents to let me stay with him for a week. They probably caved, ‘cause Col’s having a birthday. Colin knows just the right stuff to say. I’ve heard him come up with some real doozies over the years. Those bone heads fall for it every time. Ahhh…a week without having to watch ole Kat shuffle around the house. She’s so damn boring and freaking stingy with the treats…not like my Colinboy here.

I had the best sleep of my life. Didn’t move a muscle until 10:30am…I’m just a regular college joe. Slept on a real bed for a change, not that hard wood floor, or that crappy little mat they call a dog bed. My butt burns when I think about the ‘rents lifting the couch cushions at home every night so I can’t lay down.

And there’s nothing like dinner time here, Colinboy piles it on….whenever he gets some eats for himself, he drops some on the floor for yours truly.…love that chocolate and vanilla ice cream last night. (Maybe a few sprinkles next time, dude.) Those milk bones the ‘rents call treats, do not cut it.

The guys in his apartment are pretty cool. They seem to be enjoying my tricks…the trick where I roll over, gets them every time…it is always good to have a new audience. This one guy called me a sheep. Yo dog, don’t you know a Portuguese Water dog, when you see one! Sheep are much bigger and not as cute.

I like the music these dudes play…they sound pretty good. It is jammin’ that Colinboy plays bass…nice and low sounds so his tunes don’t hurt my ears. I can really groove to his stuff.

I’m looking forward to the rest of the week…maybe some chicks will stop by. I might wow them with my curly good looks…and nice smile. I’m sure glad they got me to the groomer before coming here. I have a feeling I will drive the chicks crazy.

Hey and the kid isn’t too picky about where I take a crap…just as long as it is outside. No problemo dog. It’s always better outside. I’m liking that city dumpster area…some real cool smells coming from over there.

I am so ready for a little fun tonight. Hopefully, they don’t have too much studying…that stuff can get in the way. I hope Col has the guys over for a little poker…If he should know anything about dogs…he should know we are good at poker. He has to have seen the black velvet painting…

I hope the ‘rents don’t come back and get me real soon. College is freaking cool, dog. I could get really used to this life. (Take your time Kat and PaulA…it is okay if you get lost.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat!!!!

I am reading your blog on Tues. nite....yeah, same ol' here! Love when Dunkin speaks!!!...and when he plays the piano, well, even Colin takes notice. Keep on blogging....I will buy the book when you get published you ol' ugly f you!
enjoy the sunshine!!!!!