Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Text Message

Text Message to all: Do not text message while driving.
I admit I have checked my messages while driving, but I don’t set out down the road texting. I might text at traffic lights, and when the light turns green, and I first get going…okay that makes it texting. But kids, DO NOT TEXT WHILE DRIVING (PERIOD)

The other day I acted as PaulA’s secretary…in the car. I didn’t have my hair up in a bun, but I was wearing glasses…actually readers…Okay I’m old. We were on the highway for a couple of hours and in order to keep some business moving, he had to respond to some emails. Although, PaulA is very good at driving with his knees…I quickly insisted on helping. I may be old…but not old enough to bite it on I-90 and become katKill.

I had never used the BlackBerry before so I admit, I was a little slow. PaulA began dictating to me… “Slow down, PaulA...I’m new at the BlackBerry.” So he took it back and said, “I’ll wait until the two cars beside me pass.” So the car on the left passes and we look over…the darn guy is texting on his cell phone at 80 mph. Then the car on the right passes and we look over…that woman is yacking on her cell phone. Hello...Is anyone actually driving their car without a gadget in the other hand???

Drivers get very distracted using their cell phone. Whenever I am behind some clueless driver and they are either weaving, making big turns, or slowly proceeding through intersections…I bet myself 100 dollars they are on their phone. I win 100 percent of the time…so I fork it over and I come out a winner.

Now that there is Bluetooth in the car…maybe someone will come up with a keyboard for the steering wheel…and a hair dryer on the back of the seat…and a cup warmer for our coffee…along with the warmer we have for our buns!!!!

No comments: