Monday, January 28, 2008

Sketchies R Gone

“Ding dong. The witch is dead!" The Munchkins in Munchkinland are elated. There is a regular happy fest going on in our neighborhood. Neighbors are walking their dogs with smiles on their faces, waving excitedly as they pass each other in cars, singing in the cul-de-sac. I swear I saw Mrs. Smith doing a jig. Our sketchy neighbors left town in the middle of the night… a fitting departure…and we wouldn’t have expected anything less.

As I mentioned in an earlier blog…they earned their reputation for many reasons. Let’s just say they have many aliases…so they’ve probably changed their name (Sketchy to Sketchier) and are sketching out a new neighborhood.

Who knows what the inside of that house looks like, after they blew out of there…judging from the outside, probably not so good…the lawn they destroyed, the 2 lamp posts they knocked down while moving out, the 500 pound entrance-way cement lions they took, the mailbox they removed (only nasty mail coming anyway). Who even knows about the kitchen sink.

The funny thing is….I kind of miss them. A house that sits empty with no life is sad….even if it is low-life. I have grown accustomed to the sounds coming from next door…albeit…weird hours of the day and night. I’ll miss the sound of laying rubber, just for kicks. I’ll miss the engine revving and peeling out of the driveway at midnight. I’ll miss the mysterious ins and outs of different vehicles at all hours. I’ll miss the State Marshall knocking on their door. I’ll miss the sound of their two yappy dogs.

The comparison can be made with the feeling…When you stop hitting your head against the wall, it takes a little while before you realize…it feels much better when you stop. To help me get over this empty feeling…I’m trying to think of something to help pull me through my sadness…to help drown my sorrows.

Got it! A good-bye and good riddance…hope we never see the likes of you again …PARTY….in their honor. The Munchkins are free to rejoice and be happy…once again!!!

No comments: