Friday, January 11, 2008

Jethro

We went to dinner last night with some empty-nester friends. We were enjoying our meals and having a nice conversation when PaulA looked at us and said, “I have to tell you something strange.” I looked at PaulA and I could tell something just wasn’t right by the look on his face. For a second I wondered…Did he find something weird in his food? Did someone loose a finger? Nope, but close. PaulA said, “I think I just lost my tooth. I am feeling a big whole in my mouth right now where the tooth should be.” OMG, so if a tooth is missing…where is it?

We checked the floor…nope. We checked his pizza...not there. Not in his drink. Not on the table. Not on the floor. Well there’s one more place it could be…but PaulA ain’t gonna know for a few hours. He had to have swallowed it. After deducing this…Linny said, “Jethro, you hog. You swallowed it and didn’t know it!” I thought that was the funniest statement. Jethro always cracked me up on the Beverly Hillbillies and I love the word “hog.” I just hadn’t heard it in a while…maybe since the 5th grade.

PaulA was in no pain, had no sensitivity, nothing…so he finished his pizza. The mystery continues…Will Jethro ever see his tooth again? Will Jethro wake up in the middle of the night in pain? Will Linny get to call someone a hog again and totally get away with it????!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

So the doofus lost a toofus. Poor thing. Do they make oatmeal pizza? Just letting you know I'm still reading. Had fun last weekend. Go GIANTS!!!!!!
BA