Friday, January 25, 2008

Confessions of a Mad Blogger

I am trying to determine why I like to blog. I sit down at the computer, type like a wild woman, then go back and fix all my mistakes. Otherwise it would look like: Fro soeme reson I lik tol bolg. You might be able to figure it out….but who needs to read code. So why do I like to blog? Is blogging a character flaw? Am I possessed, obsessed or repressed?

Maybe my roots can help explain… When I was in the 6th grade I lived in Tripoli, Libya, North Africa. My best friend Jane and I were Russian spies. We were learning about Russia in school and nothing sounded more intriguing to us than being a Russian spy. After Jane and her family moved back to the States, we were still in Libya, so we would write letters constantly back and forth. The crazier and sillier the letter, the better…and then we would sign off… "Russian Spy." (I still have every letter in an old cigar box. - blog idea - hoarding tendencies.)

Oh, and I used to keep a small diary of my antics…which I hid inside a Swiss Family Robinson Book. I had cut the pages so that my diary would fit exactly in it. So sneaky…Russian spy of me.

When Big C was learning to read, I would write her silly little notes when we were on long car trips. I would sign-off “MeMe” and then throw it to her in the back seat. Then she would write something and throw the note back.

I’m thinking these silly little letters were the precursors to my absurdly silly blogs. So from “Russian spy”…to “MeMe”…to “katOUT”, I sit before you as…all of the above… a possessed, obsessed, repressed blogger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your funny kat. this is one of my favorites.
love big C